Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Nutribullet Review

If you are into juicing and blending, I have a product that you will absolutely love. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Let me first say that I am not getting paid for this review (although, it would be nice!) and that I bought it with my own money...kind of...I'll get to that near the end of the review. So, what is it? The Nutribullet by Magic Bullet. Some call it a blender, but actually it is an extractor. Thus, making it way more powerful than an average blender. It breaks down all types of produce, seeds, grains and nuts. In it, you can make healthy juices, smoothies, dips, sauces, flours, nut butters, and more. My personal favorite recipes are Nutriblasts (as described in the booklet), sorbets, and fresh fruit shakes. It is like a juicer and blender all-in-one!

Included in the box are the following: the motorized base, a milling blade, an extractor blade, 2 regular cups, 1 tall cup, 1 handled comfort lip ring, a comfort lip ring, 2 resealable lids, and a resource booklet (guide, recipes, and nutirition plans).

How it works
Mostly, I use the Nutribullet's extractor features. It is the primary blending blade. It liquifies fruits and vegetables for easier consumption and maximum digestion. The longer you let it run, the smoother the items will become. However, be careful! The power of this machine is incredible. It has 600 watts of power, so it works fast and letting it run too long will cause your blend to heat up. Thus, when making drinks, I prefer using frozen fruits and/or veggies. If I'm making a soup or dip, it doesn't really matter...unless I cannot find out-of-season or ripe produce. Then, frozen is almost a sure winner.


Sorbet has become my favorite hot weather desserts since getting the Nutribullet. Check out two of my blends below. I would post more of my concoctions, but you will be licking your computer screen!


Pina Colada Sorbet
Cherry Sorbet
Pina Colada Sorbet
1/2 cup coconut milk, (unsweetened)
Splash of Pineapple juice
1/2 cup pineapple, frozen
Drop of Coconut Extract
Few cubes of ice

Throw items into the Nutribullet in the order listed. You want the frozen fruit and ice closest to the blade. Reverse the order for traditional blenders. Blend. If mix is too thick, add a splash of liquid (milk, juice or water). Serve immediately. Freezing may require reblending.


Cherry Sorbet

1/2 cup frozen cherries
1/2 cup almond milk, vanilla

Throw items into the Nutribullet, blend, and enjoy! Please note, I am not a chocolate lover, but I have been told that adding chocolate protein powder, chocolate cacao powder, or substituting the vanilla almond milk with chocolate almond milk or chocolate soymilk will bring you a chocolate-cherry delight!



The Nutribullet also comes with a milling blade that allows you to make nut butters (peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc.) and flours (oat, bran, whole wheat, etc.). Using this tool definitely makes for healthier baking. Seriously, you can make oatmeal flour out of regular ol' Quaker Oats and turn Truvia into a healthier powdered sugar. Holiday baking may have become much healthier!

Clean Up is a Breeze
The power and results of the blends are great! However, the clean up is the absolute best part. I own a juicer and traditional blender. The challenge in using these items regularly is the clean up. The juicer has so many parts to be sanitized. Although I do find it easier to clean than a sink full of pots, pans, and dishes, it can still be somewhat an inconvenience. The Nutribullet on the other hand only requires a simple quick wash or rinse of the cup and blade. It can't get much better than that!

The Ultimate Deal
The Nutribullet sells online and through the infomercial for $119. It retails at Target and Walmart, and other discount stores for $99.99. Well, I found out that Bed, Bath, and Beyond carries it for $99.99 minus the 20% off coupon, totaling $79.99 plus tax. I went to BB&B with coupon in tow to get it, but they didn't have it in stock. The store associate asked me if I wanted to order it and have it delivered to my house...at no additional charge. Yes, I exclaimed! So, my price was $40 off the TV price and the bonus...I had $150 in BB&B giftcards from my bank reward points. So, essentially I got my Nutribullet by paying my bills each month! Yay me!

Check out the YouTube videos or better yet, get one and try it. You will use it everyday...just like I do! Here's to our journey to better health!

Best wishes,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment