Wednesday, February 5, 2014

January Activity Challenge - Nature Walk

Photo: My RMDSF 20-minute nature walk challenge: Distance: 1.67mi, time: 33:02, pace: 19:48min/mi, speed: 3.03mi/h and burned 325 calories.
http://mapmywalk.com/workout/477521961

My walking partner had to leave and it was cold outside. So I walked another 2.0 miles on the treadmill at 4.2mph and at a 5% incline for 1 mile. I forgot to record my calories burned.

January Chicks Who Play Challenge activity option is to take a 20-minute nature walk. Not only is taking a walk in the great outdoors great exercise, it is a wonderful mind-clearing, meditative opportunity. Here, I took just over a 30 minute walk at Hugh MacRae park in Wilmington NC with a walking partner. I finished my 3.0 miles indoors. The weather was quite chilly and a bit damp, but exhilarating nonetheless. Get outside and inhale that fresh air...your life may depend on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment